What’s all this fuss about a Lead Magnet – what even is it?
Is this a question you’ve asked yourself?
With that in mind, today I’ve decided to write this month’s blog on lead magnets whilst I’m curled up on the sofa with a hot brew. So, here’s what you can expect to read; what a lead magnet means, the wonderful benefits it has to offer and a few ideas to get you started.
Don’t have time to read this right now? That’s ok, you can save the blog here.
What is a lead magnet?
To put it simply, a lead magnet is a piece of valuable information such as a free; digital book (also known as an eBook), a video, a worksheet, a discount, a check-list or a PDF to offer to your customers as an incentive in exchange for their email address. Why? So we can grow our prospect list and promote our wonderful future offerings to them via email.
Why can’t I offer this through my blogs or social media posts instead?
You can, and you probably already do. However, the idea is to ask for your potential client’s email address in exchange for your expertise.
A lead magnet not only allows your customers to know your business more, but it’s a super handy way to build your expertise, trust, brand and drive them to your product or service via your mailing list opt-in form.
Sounds complicated, how does it work?
I have to agree with you, it does sound complicated but I think that’s simply because of the terminology used sometimes, more so when you google it. So try to avoid that! Instead try to find an easy-to-follow YouTube tutorial instead, alternatively I have a mini online webinar that will give you 8 lead magnet ideas and ways to create them, check-it out here.
Here are 10 steps to outline the steps to creating your very first lead magnet:
- Create a survey to find out exactly what your clients need help with.
- Identify your value proposition.
- Decide what your lead magnet is going to offer.
- Brainstorm a catchy name.
- Create your lead magnet via a YouTube video, a PDF, eBook or simply provide a discount code to something special. NB: Canva can help you to make some wonderful documents.
- Look at ways to deliver your lead magnet via your email marketing provider.
- Create an eye catching landing page for your customer opt-in – this will be where your customer decides if they want to receive your lead magnet, so how you present your offering will be important. Look at Mailchimp or Leadpages to create your opt-in.
- In exchange, your customer will provide their email address to receive your lead magnet.
- Here’s a couple of video tutorials on how to create some simple landing pages for your lead magnets; Mailchimp & Leadpages.
- Need some inspiration to get you started? Check-out my work below.
Now, let’s get down to the juicy stuff…
I work in the Wellness industry, what lead magnets can I offer my customers?
You would be surprised… Here’s a few nuggets to spark some ideas:
- A discount or free access to an online yoga classes
- Food recipe ebook
- Mindset workbooks
- Confidence boosting eBooks and worksheets
- Productivity check-lists
- Work-out videos
- Access to an event or masterclass
These are just a few that come to mind… but if you need more, you can grab my lead magnet workshop that will give you more ideas.
What are the benefits of a lead magnet?
We’ve touched on customer trust, offering your expertise and building your brand. Lead magnets are also an excellent way to build your email list. ALSO, and here’s where it gets better…Once you’ve created a couple of freebie lead magnets and your customers get a taste for the value they receive, they will not hesitate to buy your product when you promote your paid offerings.
So there you have it guys, I really hope I have explained this in a clear and simple way.
Don’t have time to create a lead magnet? You can also get in touch with me to do it for you. I hope this blog has been helpful. If you’d like to save this for reading later – you can pin this image to come back to it.
See you next month for the next one!
P.S. Check-out my online marketing pop-up shop here.
– what I call the home to all my magical goodness for all things creative marketing!